Yes, I have been on a Jane Austen kick lately. I found this book on the Reader's Choice table in the library. I decided to give it a try. It was pretty cute. It is about a successful New York business woman who is secretly obsessed with Pride and Prejudice and compares every man she meets to Mr. Darcy. Her great-aunt than sends her on a vacation to "Austenland" where she gets to live as Elizabeth Bennett for three weeks. It was a fun easy read....kind of cheesy, but amusing. The other cool thing is that the author, Shannon Hale, lives in Utah. I always like to support those rare local authors. Check it out!Wednesday, April 16, 2008
More Jane Austen
Yes, I have been on a Jane Austen kick lately. I found this book on the Reader's Choice table in the library. I decided to give it a try. It was pretty cute. It is about a successful New York business woman who is secretly obsessed with Pride and Prejudice and compares every man she meets to Mr. Darcy. Her great-aunt than sends her on a vacation to "Austenland" where she gets to live as Elizabeth Bennett for three weeks. It was a fun easy read....kind of cheesy, but amusing. The other cool thing is that the author, Shannon Hale, lives in Utah. I always like to support those rare local authors. Check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment