Saturday, April 26, 2008

20....

BY ACCIDENT! Troy, who was leading the ride this morning, was supposed to stop at 3300 South and instead went to almost 2100 South which added an extra 4 miles to our ride. Next time, we're giving him a map! But even with the added miles, it was a nice ride. We started earlier this morning (7:30) and it was a bit chilly, but it quickly warmed up as soon as the sun came up. I got thinking that today was only half of our goal for the real tour, and it made me tired just thinking about it. Every time we would pass a park along the parkway, Beck wanted to get out and play. He had to wait until the halfway point, and he was so excited to go down the slide, until he bent down to sit and discovered that metal slides are freezing at 8:00 in the morning! BRRR! Every ride we have gone on has had some sort of hiccup, and today was no different. One of our fellow teammates, Robert, got a flat tire about halfway back. We patched him up and thought he was good to go. Pretty soon he was flat again. As he was pumping his tire back up he broke the valve off his tube and had to carry his bike out the last quarter mile. Always so fun to have an adventure!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I found you Laura! Yea. Anyway, get ready for more adventurous bike rides. With Troy being at the head who knows what will happen. I love your pictures of your adventure at the mall with the dinosaurs. Beck is so dang photogenic. Thanks for coming over tonight. I really enjoyed visiting with all of you. Even though we didn't watch much of the game. It was worth our little talk. Be sure and check out my blog and I am going to try and add a playlist to my blog tomorrow if I get time to mess with it. See you at Church. Love ya, Wendy

jendingus said...

Good job on your bike ride. That is a long way. You guys will do great in the race!

jendingus said...

That is a crazy long ride. No wonder your butt is always sore. Great job!!! You are going to do great in the race!