Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jane Austen Book Club

I found this movie just as I was flipping through my Columbia House DVD magazine and decided to check it out at the library. It is pretty dang cute. It follows the members of this book club who take six months to reread all of Jane Austen's novels, and it shows how the same themes of Jane Austen's book are still pertinent today. I would definitely recommend this book to any Jane Austen fan...especially if you have read all six of her books. I was surprised at the amount that they actually referenced her books and I loved that you got to sit and watch their book club discussions. It was pretty interesting, but if you are not familiar with her books, you will sit their and wonder, "Who is this Anne Elliot person that they keep talking about?" I would love to start a Jane Austen book club, but instead of discussing the thematic premises and subtle ironies, I just want to reread the books and then watch the movies. I think that would be so much fun! Is anyone else interested?

2 comments:

lynnie said...

ME!

Wendy said...

I'm interested too. Just let me know when and where and I am there. And which book we are starting with. :) It sounds like fun.