Thursday, April 3, 2008

Look Mom....No Cavities!

Beck went to the dentist yesterday for the first time. He was a great patient and had no problems with his teeth.
However, he does have a tiny problem in that his tongue is connected too much to his mouth (he can't touch the roof of his mouth with his tongue). It may affect his speech, and he may have to have this surgically fixed someday, but the dentist is not too worried about it.
Beck was so proud of himself and was so excited for his two new toothbrushes and Spongebob toothpaste. Who knew you could have such a good time at the dentist?
I, on the other hand, have a filling with a crack in it that has to be replaced, so I get to go back to the dentist next week! YEA!

1 comment:

LiNdS said...

Hi Laura!
From a speech therapist... a child is informally called "tongue tied" when the lingual frenulum is too short, therefore reducing range of motion of the tongue. I just wanted to sound smart. Make sure you get a few opinions before considering surgery; it is pretty contraversial. It is unclear whether or not a short lingual frenulum even affects speech. I have access to a lot of articles about this topic, so down the road let me know if you want any!