Thursday, June 5, 2008

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks...

We started baseball at Preschool Sports yesterday. Beck had lots of fun. Here he is ready to play!
Hitting was his favorite part. He had to get a little bit of instruction from the coach first.
Swing and a miss!
After he finally hit it, he was pretty dang proud of himself. In the car on the way home, he kept asking me, "What was your favorite part of watching me play baseball?" He gets so excited and loves to play.
I am a little embarassed to say that I don't think Beck has that killer instinct yet. If any of you know me at all you will understand how big of an understatement it is to say that I'm competitive. I really like to win! However, Beck has not picked up that trait yet. He is the kid out in the field with the mitt on his head and spinning, which is funny to watch, but....we'll see how it goes. He's still young. Maybe I can start working on instilling that competite nature in him. Honestly, I think he is just too nice and good natured to worry about things like winning. He needs to be grumpy and self-centered like his dear old mom! To tell you the truth, I think I'd rather have him stay sweet!

No comments: