Yesterday was also Bree's birthday, and although she got preempted by Jon's birthday, I still wanted to commemorate it because Bree is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. Bree was my other college roommate. We lived together for two years, and it was awesome (especially once we got out of the stinky dorms and into a real apartment). Bree and I always had so much fun, as evident by this one particular crazy New Year's Eve picture. She is so funny and just tells it like it is.
As you can see, Bree had a bit of an attitude, which I loved! She didn't take any crap from anybody. She and I only had one fight in the whole two years we lived together and I can't even remember what it was about! I do remember that she and I created a mural of pictures of hot guys that we cut out of magazines on the wall of our kitchen which our other two roommates were not too fond of, but it looked good!
This is her French Maid costume for Halloween.
Ahhh! Memories of waiting for the bus to school in the freezing cold. I guess it was better than the next year when we had to hike up that stupid hill everyday. We used to walk to school together in the Logan wind and I kept getting earaches until Bree's kind mother knitted me a hat for Christmas. The saddest day of my life was when it fell out of my car without me noticing and I lost it. That was my favorite hat ever! Bree (and Robyn) also always used to make fun of me for taking the bus all the time, especially to the grocery store. They thought that was so funny. Bree finally took pity on me and started giving me a ride to the store in the beautiful taxi. I also remember one winter during a HUGE blizzard that her car's doors didn't seal all the way and the whole inside was filled with snow. That was hilarious!
I have such fond memories of Bree and our time up at school. When she left the next year and I was there by myself, it just wasn't the same. I will always be grateful to Bree for befriending me during that first rough year and then sticking it out with me. Bree will also always have a special place in my heart because she's the one who made me see the light and go back to church. She sat through the missionary discussions with me and held my hand the first time I went back. She also answered my questions and talked lots of stuff out with me, and I will always appreciate that. Bree and I only see each other once every three or four years, and I wish it was more, but I'm so glad we have managed to stay in touch ten years after college. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREE!
2 comments:
Laura you are so sweet, what a wonderful entry on my behalf!! I love you to death and am also so glad that we are still in touch 10 years later! Also thanks for posting a picture of my Halloween costume, now all my family that was mad I didn't can see it!!!!
I'm Bree's sister-in-law (I married Brandon, her oldest bro.); she sent me to your blog to see her Halloween costume, and I read all the wonderful stuff you said about her. Thanks for the wonderful post. Bree truly is one-of-a kind.
Post a Comment