Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a great day! Beck got to go to the zoo in the morning with Jen and Baylee while I cooked pies. Scott went to play in Turkey Bowl and sprained an ankle, but had fun. Then we headed over to my mom's house for dinner. It was AWESOME and DELICIOUS!

The kids had fun finding their Christmas presents under the tree and watching the train go around and around and around and around (I don't get the fascination, but to each their own).

Colby and Jon worked on the BYU/Utah crossword that was in the newspaper.
It was fun to have Sanya come visit for Thanksgiving, and we're all excited to have her move back in time for Christmas.
Dustin and Caron just couldn't handle all the fun or all the tryptophan. We also celebrated Dave's birthday. This is the cake that I chose to make him because I thought a calculator epitomized the essence that is Dave.



Happy Birthday Dave!



Then we made our way over to Scott's mom's house for more pie and more fun. We love playing games over at their house and just swapping stories.



It was such a nice Thanksgiving and I really have a lot to be thankful for this year. My Scotty and Beck, my health, my family, our home...the list goes on and on. This year I really do feel grateful for everything, even our recent trials, because it has made me wake up from complacency and really reevaluate my life, my goals, and my priorities. I am determined not to take everything and everyone around me so much for granted. So, we hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, now start getting ready for CHRISTMAS! Beck has started and this shows what happens when Beck eats a blue candy cane. Yum! Yum!

No comments: