Friday, August 7, 2009

Dog Lake

We don't go up Millcreek Canyon a lot, we mostly stick to Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, but we went up there last Saturday and I absolutely fell in love. It has a very different feel than the other two canyons. The trees are very dense and green and it is much, much smaller. We decided to hike up to Dog Lake and take the dogs. That is another thing I love about Millcreek. If anyone tried to take a dog up the other two I think they would be stopped at the mouth of the canyon and arrested! How I love a watershed!
So we grabbed the dogs (we ended up with six dogs in our group) and headed out for our six-mile hike. I think the dogs hiked closer to 12 miles because they would run ahead on the trail and then turn around and check in with us. They did this over and over and over.
Jake will do anything to go get a stick...even swim in FREEZING water.

Manny absolutely loves to swim, but he loves to roll in the dirt afterward even more.

Griffin is not so much a swimmer but rather he's just a big wimp. He will just stand there and splash at the stick but not actually move towards it.

Then he just stands there and stares forlornly at the stick .

The pups were all pooped out by the time we got done, and I don't think Jake moved the rest of the day. He just laid on the kitchen tile and snored.

No comments: