Scott, Beck, and I made a food run late Friday night. We each had a different craving and so ran out to satisfy them. Scott had to have nachos bell grande from Taco Time. Beck wanted a strawberry milkshake. I was set on a cinnamon scone from Sconecutter. It was awesome! and it got Scott and I reminiscing about the good old days in high school when we would do this every weekend.
However, a few things have changed. In high school, this run would have happened at midnight, not at 8:30 with both of us complaining how tired we felt. In high school, I would asked for extra honey butter, not worrying about how this was going to effect my diet and my thighs. And of course, we wouldn't have had a 3-year-old in the back seat cracking us up as he was playing air guitar. It was a good night, but MAN! When in the heck did we get to be so old?
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun Laura. I love it. A Sconecutter Scone sounds so good right now. I might just have to go get one too. I too remember those midnight runs for food...ours was Wendy's. And I never worried about that fast food ever catching up with me. I don't want to be old!
OLD.... Please...
Post a Comment