Monday, February 25, 2008

What a Great Birthday!

According to my poll, you all thought I should have a raging party for my 30th birthday. So, because I had no choice but to listen to you...I went out to dinner instead. I'm not really a raging party sort of girl. On my actual birthday, we went with Baylee and Jenny to the zoo. That night I had mutual and then I had to work, so we basically did nothing.

Friday night, Dennis and Pauline took us out to dinner, and it was delicious. Mmm! I had ribs.

On Saturday, Erin took me to Crown Burger for lunch and then to see 27 Dresses, which was a really cute movie. Kinda cheesy, but what good chick flick isn't cheesy? That night we had Cody, Jenny, and Jaxon over for dinner, and they were so nice and brought me my favorite... chocolate cake.

On Sunday night, we drove up to Kaysville for my birthday party with my family. We had a nice dinner and then played a game all about me that Dustin was nice enough to put together (thanks for giving him the idea Caron!). For my birthday I ended up getting lots of $$$cash$$$ and now I'm going to go buy a Camp Chef camp stove so that we're ready to go camping as soon as we get some nice weather.

It was a very nice birthday! It has kind of felt like Hannukah - the eight days of Laura - and everyone has been so nice to play with me and celebrate my birthday with me. So...I'm 30. Now let's move on!

2 comments:

Bree D. said...

As a dear friend of mine told me on my birthday "Welcome to the thirty-something club"!!! You know they say the best time in a womans life is in her thirty's and so far I would have to agree! It sounds like you had the best kind of birthday.

jendingus said...

Thanks for having us over, it was really fun. I hope you liked the Chocolate Cake even if it was a disaster making it. he he. I really meant it to be an amazing creation. You are SO OLD. But I am right behind you. Have a great day!