I read another great book this week. I got this recommendation from Calee's blog, and it was fabulous! As a parent, it made me stop and think so hard. I recommend it to anyone who has kids. The greatest thing about this book is that it was told from many different perspectives. I have the tendency (as "Brudder Jewkes" can tell you) to grab hold of one perspective and stick to it. But in this story, I couldn't do that. I could see everybody's side. It was good practice for me for considering other people's point of view instead of just believing I'm right and everyone else is stupid.
Monday, February 4, 2008
My Sister's Keeper
I read another great book this week. I got this recommendation from Calee's blog, and it was fabulous! As a parent, it made me stop and think so hard. I recommend it to anyone who has kids. The greatest thing about this book is that it was told from many different perspectives. I have the tendency (as "Brudder Jewkes" can tell you) to grab hold of one perspective and stick to it. But in this story, I couldn't do that. I could see everybody's side. It was good practice for me for considering other people's point of view instead of just believing I'm right and everyone else is stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really liked the book for the same reasons. I hate the ending because I was not prepared for it.
Post a Comment