*Prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Catering to his comfort will provide you immense personal satisfaction.
*Prepare the children and try to encourage the children to be quiet.
*Show sincerity in your desire to please him.
*Listen to him. Remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
*Make the evening his. Never complain if he is late or wants to go out.
*Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment. You have no right to question him.
*A good wife always knows her place.
Did everybody learn as much as I did? This is a real article from the 1955 Housekeeping Monthly. How different things are now, and how sorry I feel for our mothers and/or grandmothers who had to live like this or actually believed this. I am so grateful for the bra-burning, Title-IX-toting, ERA-supporting feminists of the 60s who fought for us to be treated as equals so that I can actually question my husband's judgment (because let's face it, guys' judgment can be downright stupid sometimes) and so that my topics of conversation can be deemed worthy! I'm so glad that women have not only become stronger but that men have embraced their roles as fathers and are also more willing to help with the day-to-day nitty gritty crap that comes along with a home and a marriage.
Feminism (even though it can be viewed as a dirty word) is a great thing that has brought self-respect to woman and, more importantly, a little respect from men.
No comments:
Post a Comment