Owen was born on Thursday, May 14. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and noticed that I was having some pretty good contractions that were about 7 minutes apart. So I started timing them while I watched TV, and by 4:45 they were about 5 minutes apart so I decided to wake up Scotty. We knew it could be a false alarm, but we made the call to my mom and she came over to stay with Beck. By the time we got to the hospital they were back to 7 or 8 minutes apart, but they decided to keep me anyway because I was dilated to a 4. So they broke my water, cranked up the pitocin, and got the show started. Owen was born at 5:07 p.m. He was 7 pounds and 11 ounces, 20 inches long, and he is just as cute as can be.
The thing that kind of sucked was that he was being really "grunty" after he was born and they were afraid that he had fluid in his lungs so he had to go the Special Care Nursery for four hours that night. They decided that everything was fine and he was just being very talkative, but because of that, Beck didn't get to meet him that night. But, when he came the next day after school, the two brothers finally got to meet.
Beck has been such a great big brother so far. He loves to help and always gets the diapers, wipes, burp cloths, and anything else I might need. He is very vigilent about everyone in the house washing their hands before they can touch Owen and has become the hand sanitizer monitor.
It has been absolutely crazy to have a new baby in the house. I have forgotten lots of stuff, but it is slowly coming back to me. So far, Owen has been a very good baby. I feel very blessed to have my two boys, and I feel like our little family is finally complete.
Another crazy thing that happened on Thursday was that just as I was ready to start pushing we got a phone call from Scott's mom saying that his grandma had just died. She was about 93 years old and had been very sick for years. We like to think that Grandma Ruth passed Owen on her way out and got to hold him for a few minutes. There was nothing she liked more than holding a new baby. We will miss her, but now she is back with Grandpa Ray. It is weird how life balances everything out.
6 comments:
So cute! I can't wait to meet my new neighbor!!! I would love to bring dinner by this week sometime!!!!!!
Owen is so dang cute and smushy and soft and sooo beautiful. I can't believe how much he looks like Beck's baby pictures. That is so amazing. Owen is a lucky baby to have been born into such an awesome family. Remember Grandma Wendy is coming over tomorrow evening sometime. Can't wait to hold Owen again. :) I also didn't get a hug from Beck today. :(
Congrats!!! I am so happy that everything went well, and he is adorable! So sweet :) I can't wait to see him sometime soon.
He is so cute! He looks like Beck. I am so happy for you guys. What a miracle baby. I am glad you are doing so well!
He is so cute. We will come up to see you soon. I need to hold that baby. I'll call before we come. Congratulations. Avery is going to bully him around at the family parties. :)
Congratulations!!!!!! He is just beautiful, love all his spiky hair!!! I hope all is going well, I have been thinking of you!!
Post a Comment