So I took my trip to Kentucky. I had such a great time! It is now one of my top five trips of all time! I loved seeing Graceland, visiting a new place, and, most of all, being able to spend oodles of time with Erin.
The first thing we had to do was go to Graceland.
The most iconic picture hanging in the whole house.
Me posing with the gold record of my ring tone, "Return to Sender."
His grave in the meditation garden.
The racquetball court converted to a record room....amazing!
I loved seeing all the memorabilia and archives. Erin laughed because she never knew what would draw my attention and it was to the seemingly stupid and insignificant stuff. (She's clearly not a fan....there is nothing insignificant when it comes to Elvis). She was such a good sport to come with me and put up with all of my extra stories that she totally didn't care about! I owe her big time!
The rest of the trip was spent relaxing at her house catching fireflies,
doing fireworks with the kids on the 4th of July,
visiting local sites like the Build 4 Bridge,
and having a picnic.
On my last day, we drove up to Cincinnati to visit the Natural History Museum. Afterwards, we went to a riverfront park. This is me and Carmen enjoying the cooling mist grates. Did I mention she's 12? She's taller than me....
Chilling at the park.
All the girls.
Best trip with my best friend. I would be lost without her. I can't wait to go back someday and take the boys. They would love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment