Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Boy

So Beck is finally 5. He can't believe it and I certainly can't believe it. How is it possible that I have a 5-year-old? That's crazy! All day long he kept asking, "Mom, am I really 5?" I kept assuring him that he was, but he just kept asking. We got up and made him crepes for his birthday breakfast and stuck a candle in it to make a bit festive.

Lots of people have been asking me if Scott met the deadline on the playhouse, and I'm proud to say that he did. He and Troy, Michael, and Cam did such a good job getting it all done. Beck loves it and plays out there every single day! We still haven't attached the fireman's pole but all in good time. Now I'm waiting for Scott to sand the whole thing and then it's my job to stain it.

We're taking bets on how long it will be before we have our first injury...any guesses?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That is the playhouse to beat all other playhouses. I am proud of the boys for doing such a good job. I know that Troy enjoyed it. He loves stuff like that. Too bad my kids are too old to want stuff like that. Thanks for giving my boys the opportunity to learn. We need pictures of Beck climbing the rock wall, sliding down the slide, and just enjoying his new playhouse. He is so dang cute and I can't believe that he is 5 either.