Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Whole New Year

We had such a great New Year's Eve hanging out with Jewkes, eating, and playing games. I was laughing so hard that I thought the baby was going to get shaken baby syndrome! My tummy still hurts from it! However, we only made it until about 11:00 and I rang in the New Year laying in my bed. It was awesome!

I have been thinking the last few days about what I want my New Year's resolutions to be, and I think I'm a little stuck. I usually have a list that goes on and on and on and on, but this year I am having trouble thinking of any. Does that mean I'm finally perfect? Yeah right! So, here's what I came up with...

1 - I would like to have more fun with Beck and Scott. I tend to get very focused on what needs to be done and what is coming up next. I would like to be able to relax and just sit and play Transformers with Beck without worrying about the dishes getting done or watch a movie with Scott without my computer on my lap.

2 - I would like to become more spiritually minded. I would like to focus more on the big picture rather than on the day-to-day minutia that comes along.

3 - I would like to read more. I have been so tired lately that my nightly reading session has been greatly condensed/nonexistent. I have a list of all these new books that I would love to read, but I keep rereading good old favorites like Twilight and Pride and Prejudice. I need to branch out this year.

That's my list. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I wish you the best of luck! We just sat down as a family to work on our resolutions and decided that we are going to review them once a month. Even Carmen made some.