Beck came up to me last night, rubbed my belly, and said, "Look mom, the baby is already making your tummy fat." Kids sure know what to say to make your self-esteem just soar don't they? Scott sure thought it was funny though.
Trust me, the one that really makes you feel good about yourself is when you kid says, "Mom, if the baby isn't in your tummy anymore, than why is it still so big?" That was Carmen's question a month after Lincoln was born.
I considered explaining weight distribution and loose skin, but instead gave up and said, "that's life".
I can relate. Jaxon doesn't say much yet but he enjoys squeezing my belly and laughing because it is squishy. It makes me feel SO good!!! Oh the joys of babies!
If my kids comment on my squishy tummy, they get beaten up. I blame them anyway. If they would have taken the weight I gained with them after they were born, I wouldn't have this problem. Oh, the joys of motherhood. :)
3 comments:
Trust me, the one that really makes you feel good about yourself is when you kid says, "Mom, if the baby isn't in your tummy anymore, than why is it still so big?" That was Carmen's question a month after Lincoln was born.
I considered explaining weight distribution and loose skin, but instead gave up and said, "that's life".
I can relate. Jaxon doesn't say much yet but he enjoys squeezing my belly and laughing because it is squishy. It makes me feel SO good!!! Oh the joys of babies!
If my kids comment on my squishy tummy, they get beaten up. I blame them anyway. If they would have taken the weight I gained with them after they were born, I wouldn't have this problem. Oh, the joys of motherhood. :)
Post a Comment