So we got two new female roommates last week. Two cute little hens who are residing in the back corner of our backyard.
This is Brown.
This is Black.
(I won't let the kids name them....they're not pets - they're working farm animals!)
The kids love them and just sit and watch them scratch and find bugs. They also love to find worms for them and watch how quickly they gulp them down.
Not only entertainment - fresh eggs. They are huge with beautiful bright yolks. We are getting about two eggs a day and I think this is going to be a great experience for the kids...especially when it comes time to clean out the chicken poop...I mean coop!
Also, since I'm basically a farmer now, I needed a produce stand. I have this weird unused portion of cupboard space so I created my own. I love how beautiful the bright colors are against the white and I love that the dogs don't eat the fruit and veggies.
I'm getting excited for Spring so that I can plant my garden and grow my own produce!
1 comment:
Those are so cute.
Post a Comment