You couldn't have two more opposite people if you tried than Beck and Owen.
Beck is silent and brilliant. He will talk on any number of subjects prolifically, but only if he wants to. He is quiet 90% of the time (unless he's at school or with friends).
He is so smart and has the most amazing memory. He can remember random Pokemon characters, lines from a movie, or incriminating things I said a week ago (seriously?!?! you were listening when I said that?!?!)
He has an amazing sense of humor and loves to tell jokes, read comic books, or just talk smack with me. He has a powerful command of sarcasm and constantly makes me laugh with his deadpan face.
He is also one of the sweetest boys I've ever met. He is my little activist and already stands up for what he believes and stands behind the principles he espouses.
He's also a dang good cook. He has successfully mastered chocolate chip cookies, mac & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, and German pancakes.
Did I mention how smart he is? I love that he loves to read like me. He can crush a 400-page book in a day and a half and come up asking for more. He has to keep a flashlight in the car just in case he wants to read while we're driving at night.
He wants to be an engineer when he grows up and takes that very seriously. He checks out books from the library about cars and building and devours them. He is constantly building with Legos and his Erector set and amazes me with his skills.
He is, in every way, the exact opposite of Owen and yet they come together to make the absolute perfect children for me. They make me happy every day (even on the days they drive me crazy) and I count myself lucky to be their mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment