Friday, July 19, 2013

A Weekend At Snowbird (Pt. 1)

I feel like I've being lots of two-part posts lately, but with these huge whirlwind weekends, there are just too many pictures to post at once.  

We spent an amazing weekend up at Snowbird with my family last week.  We got up Friday morning for an early morning hike only to find that it was POURING!  Did we let that stop us?  Well, yes....some people!  Dustin, Caron, Ellie, & I still went on our mountain run.  It was so beautiful.  There was a thick mist covering the mountain and it was wonderful.  However, we were worried about how it would affect the rest of our day - Snowbird's summer activities don't open unless it's dry.  The tram runs regardless, so we rode to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the view.  


Muddy, cold, and wet....nothing better!


That same thick mist was everywhere.  It felt like we were walking through a cloud.  


Not surprising, Dave was the only one who came prepared.


By the time we made it back down the mountain, the skies had closed, the activities has dried off a bit, and we were ready to play.  We started at the bungy trampoline.  


Owen was a natural and the first one to start doing backflips.  


Dustin couldn't quite figure it out.


This is my favorite shot of the day.  It looks like Ellie is flying!  While I was taking my turn on the trampoline, a film crew from American Idol approached and asked me to yell, "Welcome to Utah!" and then do a flip.  I was more than happy to oblige.  So watch American Idol in January to see my on-screen debut. 


We also did the Mountain Flyer which is like a cross between a chair lift and a zipline.  Beck was so excited because I let him go off and explore the rides on his own with his cousins.  We would see glimpses of him during the day as he zipped down the Alpine Slide or run past us to the next ride, but he reveled in his freedom. 


Owen was very excited that he was tall enough this year to do all the activities.  His favorite was the ropes course, mostly because he thought it was so scary.  I had to stay right behind him the entire time and he just couldn't get the nerve to make it through all the obstacles....


Enter Colby.  I don't know if it's because Colby is stronger than me or just cooler than me, but Owen did every single obstacle with Colby guiding him, and he was absolutely beaming with pride of his accomplishment.  Every time we would walk past the course for the rest of the day, he would tell everybody that he had beat that thing.


More pics to come, including Snowbird wildlife....exciting!

No comments: