Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our Summer So Far

We had to start our summer off with a haircut!
Here's the before....


And After!
He loves it!  I actually like it more this time too.  He has a cute little head with cute little ears that stick out.  I love them!


Memorial Day was fun.  We worked all day in the yard, Scott went on a bike ride, and then we barbecued with the neighbors.  Troy and Scott were in charge of the grill.


Summer doesn't feel official until we've gone to the Ryan Shupe concert.  It's our favorite night of the whole year.  Owen was rocking out to "Brand New Shoes" and "Corndogs."  


It finally got to be a little too late for him and he crashed.


Jake is getting a little old (8) and I think it's time to start easing him into retirement.  But, that means I need a new running partner!  I looked on the Humane Society's website and happened to see another Rhodesian Ridgeback that looked just like Jake.  It was fate.  It was kismet.  It was meant to be.  Okay it was just a huge coincidence, but we're really happy about it.


He could be Jake's son - they look so much alike.  
We've named him Rhodey (partly because he's Rhodesian and partly because that's the name of Ironman's sidekick).


He fits right in around here.  


We started our summer science projects and fun activities.  This week we learned what happens when you drop Mentos into a Diet Coke and why.  You see kids, there's this process called nucleation....oh who cares!  It was awesome and it made a mess!  We loved it!

F

No comments: