Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Road Trip!

We have been wanting to go down to Vegas to see Jon and Heather for months, then, when Pink tickets went on sale, we decided to combine the two.  We could stay with Jon for the weekend, and Heather and I could go see the concert for my birthday.  

We loaded the kids in the car and were on our way!


Settled in for a LONG ride.


Before we could do anything else, we had to let the dogs play at the dog park.  The kids had fun chasing them around and getting tackled by Griffin. 


Playing with Baby Tripp.  He is so stinkin' cute!  He was, by far, my favorite part of the whole weekend.


Meeting the Blue M&M.


Tripp was not a fan of this weird blue creature.


So many choices!  Our favorite was definitely peanut butter.


Cute boys!


Heather and I ready to rock out.


My cousins, Ginnie and Jeff, also went to the concert.  Ginnie was seven rows ahead of us and Jeff was only two rows behind us. 


Pink was amazing!  She is a total bad ass!  I love her music but then when you combine it with her great sense of humor and fantastic skills with the wires and yoga moves, it was the best concert ever! However, my camera was horrible!  Between the bright lights, the explosions, and the fast moving trapeze tricks, I could not get a decent picture.  


The boys loved all the characters that hang out on the strip.  We found Bumblebee...


and Elmo!


On Sunday, we hooked up with our neighbors who also happened to be staying in Vegas this weekend, and they let us use their hotel's pool.  It was barely warm enough to swim, but the boys still had a blast.


Sunday night, we hooked up with an old mission buddy of Scott's and went to the Bellagio for the fountain show.  First we walked through the Chinese New Year exhibit.


The kids liked seeing the huge fish down in the pond.


Waiting for the show to start.


Here it comes....


Beautiful. 


It was an absolutely perfect weekend.  It was so nice to be able to see Jon and Heather again.  I'm always amazed at how much I miss them....who would've thought that I would someday like my little brother that much?  Baby Tripp is the sweetest, funniest, cutest little boy, and it was fun to watch him play with Beck and Owen.  And then seeing Pink in concert was just the cherry on top of a deliciously wonderful weekend.  

1 comment:

Jon said...

Please come back again soon. You guys are always welcome. We had a ton of fun with you guys!