Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Still Gettin' Older

Time waits for no man.

I can attest to this as time keeps marching up and down my back, across my face, and leads me at an ever-increasing pace towards the inevitable valley of death. I think turning 34 this year has caused to become a little morose and more aware of my impending mortality. Having said that, I had a fantastic birthday! On my birthday morning, I woke up and found my wonderful husband had made me blueberry crepes. Owen was kind enough to help me blow out my candles.


This was birthday cake #1. Heaven and Hell Cake. It was a combination of Devil's Food and Angel's Food layered with peanut butter mousse.
It. Was. Delicious.


Here's birthday cake #2. Chocolate cake trifle layered with fresh cream and peanut butter cups. I don't know if you're seeing a pattern, but I love chocolate and peanut butter. Yummy! Dustin was kind enough to host my birthday party this year at his house. I think it's cause he loves me so much!


After dinner we headed out to the barn so that the kids could destroy the pinata that Sanya brought for us. Owen was intent on killing him.


Beck was frustrated with having to wear the blindfold, but once he found his rhythm he did pretty good and caused a nice crack in the penguin's back.


Then we started some serious playing. Basketball....


Skateboarding....


And what party is complete without boxing?


Owen loved having a mom-sanctioned release for all of his aggression.


Sanya gave me a right hook for my birthday. I pounded her back just for good measure.


Happy Birthday to me!
I hope I'm still around for #35....but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

sanya said...

That was like the funnest Party ever!!!