So I love my blog, but these days it seems like EVERYONE is on Facebook. I like that I can share stories, pictures, and my run-of-the-mill insights on my blog, but some days the blog can be a pain in the butt and often times I feel pressure if I haven't posted anything new. Putting a post on Facebook is so easy but rather impersonal, and honestly I think Facebook is a little bit stupid. I'm not comfortable having the whole world (and by the whole world I mean my 109 friends) knowing the intricacies of my day-to-day life. I like to keep it personal, and I think I would miss my blog. I like staying connected with friends, but it seems like all of my fellow bloggers that I have been following are slowly dropping away.
.
So here is the dilemma....do I continue on as I always have or do I shut down my blog and join up with the rest of the world on Facebook? I put that question out there to you, my loyal blog readers, and ask for your input. Is there anybody even reading this insignificant drivel and would you even care if it disappeared into oblivion?
7 comments:
I like your blog and check it everyday for something new. I do not check facebook everyday. I am definitely in favor of continuing your blog.
Keep the blog!!!! I have left Facebook twice for the same reasons you mentioned. I have stayed loyal to my blog and my friends and family out of state do the same. The blog is timeless. I publish mine at www.blurb.com into a hardbound book every years..saves me from scrapbooking. I love your blog..if that counts:) Melissa in N.C. your old friend
Keep the Blog. I check it often to see what new pics you have posted.
Keep the blog. So much more personal. Who cares if you post everyday...I love when you do post!
I say keep the blog. None of my blog posts end up on facebook for the reasons that I either don't want to post a novel on there, or I don't want certain pics on there. It seems like friends of friends of friends can snoop around through pics, posts, etc. I know there's privacy settings for that stuff, but I can't keep up. That's what Blogs are for.
Keep the blog. I enjoy it!!
KEEP THE BLOG! I love the pictures of the boys and your journaling along with it all. I am going to start dedicating myself to do more blogging too. I just need to get a hold of Mallory's sd card so I can steal some of her pictures.
Love ya!
Post a Comment