Today started out simply enough with a To Do List:
-Bank
-KMart
-Great Harvest
-Petco
All morning I thought about my To Do List, anticipating everything I needed to take with me (50% off coupon for the bread) and everything I needed to buy (some baby proofing items for the kitchen cupboards). So after thinking, thinking, and thinking about it we finally finished lunch, outfitted ourselves with the proper shoes and jackets, and headed out. We get to KMart and OF COURSE they don't sell the cupboard latcher thingies that I'm looking for. So we settle for buying some leftover Valentine's Snickers and a present for a friend who just had a baby.
We head on down to the bread store only to discover that I left the stupid coupon SITTING ON THE COUNTER! So I resigned myself to paying full price and moved on to Petco.
All we needed at Petco was some dog cookies. After we filled our bag with those lovely little morsels, Beck talked me into looking at the fish. His little fish bowl has been sitting empty in his closet for two months. I had a softhearted moment and decided to buy him two little goldfish for 26 cents. He was so excited and promptly named them Goldie and Comet.
We get home, set up the fish bowl, and I start unpacking all of the purchases...WHAT THE HECK! There is no bag from KMart with my delicious candies and cute baby clothes! I LEFT IT SITTING IN THE GROCERY CART IN THE PARKING LOT! So I now have to pack everyone up again and race back over to KMart, praying that all of the hoodlums in the world will have been busy so that my purchases will still be patiently waiting for me. Luckily, they were still there and we headed back home...
only to find Goldie sitting like a little concrete lump at the bottom of the fish bowl. Beck started crying and I just started shaking my head, wondering what else is in store for me today because it is only 4:00.
.
I think I'm going to bed early tonight!
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing your PERFECT day with us!!! It really helps make my day shine a little brighter knowing I am not the only one out there with such lovely days! Hang in there...just a few more hours!
We have those days all too often.
I am glad somebody else has days like that. I definitely have them. It makes me feel better. I hope you have recovered. It sounds like it really was a frustrating day.
Post a Comment