It was time to take Taya in today. Her eyes have been bugging her again and she just hasn't been her usual jolly self. I decided I wanted to spare her any more of the pain and indignity of old age.
Taya has always been my dog. She tolerated Scotty, but she really loved me. We got Taya for my birthday ten years ago. We went to the mall to buy me a pair of diamond earrings. I heard the dogs barking upstairs and decided that would be a better birthday present. Taya and I have always been best friends. She has always loved me the best. It was nice to be someone's favorite. I'll miss that.
I was surprised at how fast it went today. I was at the vet for less than an hour. The hardest part was waiting in the room for the doctor to come in. I could feel the panic growing, but then the doctor came in and explained the process to me. I got to hold her in my arms as they gave her the medicine. Of course Taya had to bite the vet one last time...she just wouldn't have been Taya if she didn't, but then she instantly relaxed and was gone. I got to say one last goodbye and give her one last kiss.
I think one of the reasons Taya and I got along so well is that we were a lot alike. She was stubborn and feisty and, let's face it, a little bit of a bitch, but she was always so nice to me.
I will miss her.




4 comments:
That is so sad!!!! Are you okay???
I'm so sorry.
My heart breaks for you Laura!! I know how much you loved her and all animals. To this day whenever I see a pet(especially a rosy cheeked bird) I think of you!!
I'm sad to hear the news about Taya. :( She's been around since I met you both I think! I hope you are doing ok. At least it was your decision and it was probably easier than some other options. My heart goes out to you though. Losing animals is tough.
Post a Comment