Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sushi Night: Take Two

After Jon heard about our Christmas Eve sushi, he wanted to get in on the action. He, Heather, and my mom came over and we had a sushi rolling class hosted by Scott who absolutely loves sushi. He spent countless hours online finding recipes for rolls, looking up how to make good and sticky rice, and figuring out where to get the best ingredients and sauces.

I am proud to say that I even tried some rolls and am now a huge fan...although it has to be made just right - I like my rolls made with soy wrappers instead of seaweed and then dipped in tempura and fried. Scott calls it the chimichanga roll. YUM!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ooooh Dan loves Sushi too! He would be jealous. I can handle a veggie roll or a cooked crab roll, they are so good tempura style! Wow, I'm impressed!!