Monday, December 14, 2009

Birthday Cake

It was Carlee and Connor's birthday party last night and I was in charge of the cake. I had a lot of criteria to fill...it had to be Christmas themed, for a 12-year-old boy and a one-year-old girl, and it had to have a little-sized cake so that Carlee could eat her own cake for her first birthday. I decided to go with a stack of Christmas present cakes with the tiniest present for Carlee.

I thought it turned out super cute and I was pretty happy with it. Carlee was not interested in eating her cake last night and really didn't want to get her fingers sticky from the frosting, but it was still a fun party!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Laura! You have truly outdone yourself. It really looks like a professional cake. I am so impressed! You should be very proud of yourself. What did Beck think of it? More important, what did the birthday kids think of it? Were they impressed?

Erin said...

Awesome. I expect one of these for feast. J/K. It really looks cool. I like that you made the cakes look like slices.

Erin said...

Ha HA! Ignore my earlier post. That first pic from the side makes them look like triangle slices. I'm retarded.

jendingus said...

That is amazing Laura. I love it! You are so talented in the baking department. I may have to hire you! Good Job!!!!!!