Tuesday, October 13, 2009

La! La! La! I'm Not Listening To You!

I guess he just didn't want to hear what we had to say...

On a serious note - I have a question to put out there to all of you parents. What do you do when your child wants to play with a friend from school and you don't know the kid, you don't know the parents, and they're insisting that they play at their house because their kid is "shy." I don't want to be overprotective but I also don't want to send Beck into a situation that I'm unsure of. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I went thru this last year with Trenton...a parent sent home a note from school in Trenton's bag asking for him to come over and I freaked out. Anyways, I called her and met her and her son for lunch at a playground so we could sit and talk and the boys could play. Our next play date was at their home, again with me in tow. Trenton didn't really like playng with the kid, so it did not go anywhere from there...but it was okay having lunch together.

Erin said...

I agree. We've done the same thing. Meet somewhere and see if the kids even like playing together. Then you can meet the mom and ask questions. Any other brothers and sisters, pets, etc. You can also see how she disciplines her kid, and all that good stuff.

Wendy said...

Owen is so precious! I love this picture. He's discovered his ears.

Calee Richards said...

We did the same thing at a Mcdonalds play land.The kids all played and then we were able to get to know each other. It still takes time...

jendingus said...

I have worried about the exact same thing Laura, so when you get some answers/and or ideas, let me know. I am kinda overprotective when it comes to that for your same reasons.