Monday, April 13, 2009

Ahhhhh....I Needed That!

This was a great weekend! Scotty and Beck went down to Goblin Valley for the whole weekend. I respectfully declined to go and stayed home by myself instead. I threw my schedule out the window and just did whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I ate takeout every night and watched seven movies. It was lovely and so relaxing!


I did miss my boys though and it's nice to have them home now. Beck had so much fun camping with dad and grandpa and the Hansons. He has been talking nonstop since they got home last night telling me all the funny stories. Beck didn't think he was going to get visited by the Easter Bunny, but somehow he found him. So they had an Easter egg hunt out in the desert.

One of Beck's favorite things was the 3-mile hike they took. Scott said that he is a great little hiker and kept up with the adults like a champ!

Alas...now it's back to work and the real world!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Camping was fun but we really did miss you. Beck and Scotty missed you too. I missed just sitting around and having our "girl talks". But hopefully next year Owen will be old enough to go and enjoy the great outdoors with all of us. It's your new tradition to spend that weekend with us. Bring Dennis along. He is awesome. We love him!

Wendy said...

I forgot to add that I'm glad you had a weekend to yourself to just relax and have no worries but what to order for take out the next day. Sweet!

Erin said...

So fun. Dave was way jealous and wants to go camping badly. I just wanted some of Dennis' home cookin.

Bree D. said...

What a great break for you. Funny, we are heading down to Goblin Valley this weekend!!! It is such a fun place for kids.