This is Team Bintz pre-ride.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Best Dam Bike Ride
Saturday was our official bike ride. It was so fun! We spent Friday night at Dustin's house in Kaysville so that we wouldn't have to drive quite so far on Saturday morning. The only problem was that we didn't get to go to bed until about 11:00 and then Rookie (their beagle) decided he wanted to share the couch with me. He is a pretty big dog and that was a pretty small couch. Needless to say, I didn't sleep the greatest. However, we were up and ready to roll at 4:45. We got to the starting line by 7:00. As we were all clipping in and riding out, Scott's chain snapped. So we had to take a detour over to the Specialized tent to get that fixed. 20 minutes and $16 later he had a brand new chain on his bike and we got started.
Here we are post ride stuffing our faces because we were starving!
I had so much fun doing this ride and I'm glad Scott and Troy talked me into it. I'm really glad Dave came and rode with us too. It was such a fun experience!
During lunch, Dave was instinctively drawn to the Fidelity tent and spent a while talking investment portfolios with this guy.
Our total ride time was 3 hours and 35 minutes. This was such an improvement over our Bear Lake ride. Instead of taking 25- to 45-minute breaks for snacks and lunch, we took 6-minute breaks on average. Our whole team did such a great job! I really am so glad I set this goal for myself and I'm feeling pretty good about myself that I accomplished it. When we started this whole process I thought 40 miles was freaking nuts! Now, it's just another ride. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you had such a great time!!! It really does feel good to complete a goal!!! Way to go!!
Post a Comment