My Grandpa Child passed away last week. He was an amazing man.
I have adored him for as long as I can remember. He will always hold a special place in my heart and I will miss him terribly. It was kind of a bleak weekend (especially since I had to speak at the funeral), but there were definitely some silver linings....
I was grateful to be able to say goodbye. I was able to go see him one more time before he died, and although he probably didn't know I was there, it meant a lot to me to be able to give him that one last kiss and squeeze.
I also love any excuse to see my family. They are some of my favorite people in the world.
My dad was able to come home and it is always good to see him.
It was such a beautiful day (albeit cold) and as the soldier was playing Taps, I looked up and noticed how blue the sky was (almost the color of grandma's eyes).
I hope I can remember to always find the beauty, even in the midst of sadness.
One of my favorite things of the whole weekend was that I got to bring out the dollhouse my grandpa made for me for the viewing. I haven't gotten my dollhouse out since we moved into our house thirteen years ago and it was awesome to see it again and spruce it up a little.
My family is definitely one of my greatest silver linings....they always have a way of making me feel better about life.
I was so glad Jon got to come home and we took advantage of his time here and let the kids go see Santa....Tripp did not see this as a good thing.
It was also a special weekend because Colby had his farewell on Sunday. He is going to Argentina in a week and I will also miss him, but he gave an amazing talk and he will have some life-changing experiences on his mission. I really am so impressed at what a wonderful young man he has become.
So a few clouds covered the horizon this week, but I've been trying my hardest to find those silver linings, and, hopefully, the sun will start shining through soon.

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment