Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I was a junior in college. I was the classic starving student, living on $12 a week in groceries and had to survive for three years on peanut butter, spaghetti, and root beer. Understandably, I was pretty dang thin, weighing in at a whopping 98 pounds. Then I had a routine physical and I found out my cholesterol was 206.
How was that even possible? I was 20 years old and my cholesterol was high enough that I should be on Lipitor...ridiculous!
Now, two kids, twenty pounds, twelve years, and lots of servings of fruits and vegetables later, my cholesterol has made it all the way down to 142. It's kind of nice to have quantitative evidence that all my hard work is paying off. And sometimes that reassurance is needed because I find my mirror and scale to be a little less than trustworthy.
142...I can practically feel that my blood is skinnier and it makes me feel strong. Which is good because all that chunky blood was making me tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment