What a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We feasted on two separate occasions with many delicious morsels and treats. Now we have a fridge full of leftovers but no appetite left. We had so much fun hanging out with family and playing games, watching movies, chasing kids, and watching football. Scott is still recovering from his injuries after playing Turkey Bowl Thursday morning.
Friday I got to go see New Moon with my mom and sister. I LOVED IT! It was perfect. There were only a few minor things I would have changed (Bella running through a forest in a silky blue dress - give me a break).
We also got our Christmas tree put up on Friday and all of our Christmas decorations. Presents are wrapped and under the tree and the countdown to the big day has begun.
These were all of the ups of the weekend. However, on Sunday morning, Scott got a call from his dad telling us that one of our really good friends from high school, Brian Buttars, had been killed in a motorcycle accident. Scott has been friends with him since about third grade and I know he will really miss him. It's so hard when something tragic like this happens. Brian was so full of life and love. My heart goes out to his family. He has a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids with one more on the way. Life is funny. How quickly it passes and how final the end seems. Make every day count. Tell those around you how much you love them and cherish those special moments that make life worth living!


1 comment:
So about the New Moon movie, I agree it was good. Even Dave went to go see it. We saw it out in Kentucky and everyone started laughing when they showed that part with Bella running in the forest with her blue dress. Not just us, the whole theater. It just looked so gay!
Post a Comment