We went to a Lego exhibit at the Fashion Place Mall. The boys were so excited about it.
They had a blast looking for all the funny little details that the Master Builders added to the scenes. My favorite detail was when we found the construction workers being chased through the sewer by a rogue dragon.
Then we came to the real exhibit. It was of all of the patriotic buildings and/or landmarks of America made out of Legos. We started with the Lincoln Memorial....
complete with a tiny little Lego Lincoln.
A 9-foot tall Statue of Liberty made completely out of Legos.
The Capitol Building was amazing. It was so huge that I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture. You can see the amazement on the boys' faces.
An 18-foot tall Washington Monument. With how amazed they were at the Lego monument, I would love to take them to see the real thing.
We took a break from our sightseeing so that they could actually build something out of Legos. They both built cars and raced them down a ramp. Beck's did pretty good. Owen's exploded before it reached the bottom.
The Liberty Bell.
Old North Church where Paul Revere looked for the light (one if by land, two if by sea).
And, lastly, Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed.
I loved this outing. Not only were they amazed by the Lego craftsmanship, but it was a good opportunity to tell them the stories that accompanied all of the historic landmarks. With most of these buildings, I could say, "I've been there!" It was a fun day and my favorite part was that they came home and played with Legos for hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment