Owen has been very interested in Biology lately. We have been checking out books at the library and he has developed a fascination with germs and bacteria. He was severely disturbed that he couldn't see all the bacteria that lives on his hands. We decided to illustrate the disgustingness that is Owen by doing some petri dish experiments.
We were all shocked at how nasty Owen's hand bacteria actually was. As we looked at the samples under the microscope, we found that Owen's culture was actually the most interesting - looking a bit like a fungus - I hope they have a cream for that.....
Here is the contrast between Beck's mouth (left) and Jake's mouth (right).
So much for dogs' mouths being cleaner than humans....
Here's the sample from the face of Beck and Owen's iTouch. I think I will play Angry Birds on my own device thank you very much.
Here is the culture from my reusable grocery bags. They weren't very interesting in terms of their growth patterns, but they were profuse in their proliferation. I think I probably need to figure out how to wash them before I put our food in them again.
Finally, the inside of the toilet bowl. Very limited growth with pretty boring growth patterns. This was the least active culture of the whole bunch. I guess it goes to show that I know how to keep a clean toilet.
Hopefully, this all pays off one day and Owen becomes an experimental biologist, cures death, becomes rich and famous, and funds my retirement.
A girl can dream, can't she?
No comments:
Post a Comment