Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Soapstone and Back to School

We spent Labor Day Weekend up at Mill Hollow.  It ended up being a great weekend - a little rain - but mostly we were just cooled down by the beautiful weather and uplifted by the beautiful views.  Breathing in the sweet mountain air buoys my spirits in a way that nothing else can.

The boys loved to gather all the wood and then help build the fire.


They also had fun throwing rocks at the dilapidated blind left by a hunter.


But their favorite was sitting on the 4-wheelers and pretending to zoom around the mountains.


There was plenty of food and laughter to round out the weekend perfectly.  This holiday is always our signal that summer is officially over and it's time to change our mindset over to more serious pursuits.


School!  Technically Beck started two weeks ago, but now it seems real.


Owen started this morning and will be going to preschool five days a week this year.  He is so excited that he is finally getting big like his brother.  I'm excited because I will be able to concentrate on my homework for a few hours before he gets home.  (Update: my job with Dave didn't work out due to low residential appraisal numbers, so I have returned to my original pursuit of relicensing in order to teach.)


Welcome Fall!  
I'm ready for sweaters, football, soup, and a slight chill in the air!

No comments: