Thursday, June 10, 2010

One Last Pathetic Attempt

Over the years I have tried many times to be environmentally responsible in my food production and grow a garden. However, whatever is the opposite of a green thumb - that would be me. The biggest success I ever had was when I accidentally cross pollinated a zuchinni and a watermelon which made for a huge smushy and nasty squash. I have decided to give it one last desperate attempt. I have recently discovered a love for tomatoes and so I have one lone tomato plant in the backyard, and if I can keep this sad little sprout alive maybe I'll try two next year and go from there. If it dies, my career as a gardner is officially over and there will never be any more attempts.
Any tips out there?

4 comments:

Bree D. said...

Just make sure it gets water EVERY day and you will need to put a cage or support around it to keep it upright when it get bigger. Good luck!!!

jendingus said...

I am with you on this Laura. I do not have a green thumb at all, especially when it comes to growing a garden. I decided to grow 3 herbs this year and 2 days after I got it, I killed the cilantro. The other 2 look pretty sad right now. Good luck on your tomatoes. You are not alone.

Erin said...

Strawberries, they must be impossible to kill. I never water my strawberry plants and every year they come back and produce tons of berries for me. I'm currently transplanting them right now, so if you want a plant or two come on over.

Lisa Burbidge said...

You are welcome to come pick from my garden any day!! I have 8 tomato plants 3 squash and pea and bean and potatoes!! It is so fun, but I get real tired of that food quick so I love to share!! Head to my blog and leave me a message if you would love to come and share!