This was our favorite guy. The water was freezing and I have no idea what he could possibly be looking for.
The kids were well taken care of while we were gone. They stayed with the Jewkes and had so much fun going to Sam's Club...
Playing (he takes it very seriously)...
and finally they were just ready to come home.
It was a wonderful vacation. It is so nice to just be Laura once in a while and not always "mom." It helps me to reconnect with myself and remember that I have my own interests and thoughts. Although we spent most of the trip telling funny stories about the boys, it was great to be able to do whatever we felt like. We especially liked going to dinner without having to wipe chins and watch for spilling milk (although Scott needed help cutting his meat). Now that we're home I feel recharged and ready to be a better mom. I'm glad that Scott and I made it to this milestone, and I'm excited for what the next ten years will bring!




3 comments:
Congrats on 10 years! How great to get away and have some alone time! It's funny that whenever you are away from the kids, they always seem to be the topic of conversation. Good thing to have in common I guess! Congrats again!
Congrats!! What a fun trip. You guys deserved it. I agree with you, it is nice to just be yourself once in a while and not "mom". I am sure you had so much fun. Dinner is one of my favorite things to do without the kids. You can eat longer than 5 minutes and actually taste your food. Cody needs me to cut his food too. I am glad Scott is the same. Great pics!
I'm so glad you had fun in Tahoe. You and Scott deserved a nice trip alone. 10 years! That's awesome! However, I feel really old compared to mine and Troy's 25 (almost 26). Just so you know, it only gets better. :) I love your pics. Especially the treehugger.
Post a Comment